Monday, March 17, 2014

I Can't Believe it's Over...


I can’t believe our time in Dallas is over. It really feels like this trip flew by! I am so proud of our group and everything that we were able to accomplish in just a few days. We may not have been able to change the lives of these children, but I think we certainly made an impact. I know they definitely made an impact on all of us. Hopefully we will be able to keep in touch with them, either through writing letters or through social media. It was so difficult to say goodbye to these kids on the last day, so I really hope that we will be able to talk to them again soon.

            Again I just want to say how proud I am of the amazing group of students that I got to work with this week. As trip leaders, Katie and I did our best to pick out a group of individuals who would fit well with this trip and have something to bring to the table. Personally, I don’t think we could have done a better job. We had several difficulties trying to get the camp running smoothly, but everyone took it like a trooper. They were so flexible and willing to do whatever they had to do to make the camp the best it could be. I am so proud of all of them and I am so lucky that I got to work with such a fantastic group of people. Overall, this week was amazing and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to participate in this Bear Breaks trip!

            Thanks for reading!

                        Mandy Squires, Trip Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment